Effective August 1, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) governs all uses of Plasma Rooms Service and supplements any Master Service Agreement, Terms of Service, End User License Agreement, or another contracting document for the provision and use of Plasma Rooms Services (the “Services Agreement”). Capitalized terms not defined herein have the meaning set forth in the Services Agreement. This Policy defines the standards Plasma Rooms expects its Customers and End Users to adhere to while using the Services.
Plasma Rooms Service is designed to promote collaboration and effective working and business relationships by connecting users through voice, video and screen-sharing capabilities. As such, Plasma Rooms Services are intended for business/personal use and purposes.
Customers and End Users may not use the Services to:
- Post, stream or transmit any content, including live video, that violates this Policy
- Do anything illegal, facilitate any illegal activity, or promote violence.
- Do anything that threatens, exploits or otherwise harms children.
- Engage in any activity that is harmful, obscene, or indecent (particularly as such would be understood in the context of business usage). This includes, for example, displays of nudity, violence, pornography, sexually explicit material, or criminal activity.
- Facilitate or support human trafficking.
- Engage in any activity that supports or facilitates terrorism or terrorist organizations.
- Engage in any activity that is fraudulent, false, or misleading.
- Engage in any activity that is defamatory, harassing, threatening or abusive, which includes any activity that reflects hatred against others based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Store or transmit any data or material that is fraudulent, unlawful, harassing, libelous, threatening, obscene, indecent or otherwise inappropriate.
- Send unauthorized messages, advertising or spam, including unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other mass solicitation material.
- Misrepresent the User’s identity or affiliation with any entity or organization, or impersonate any other person.
- Harvest, collect, or gather user data without consent.
- Violate or infringe any intellectual property or proprietary rights of others, including copyrights.
- Violate the privacy of others or distribute confidential or personal information of others.
- Engage in any activity that is harmful or disruptive to the Services or attempts to circumvent restrictions on access, usage or security of the Services. This includes transmitting viruses, malware or other malicious or destructive code or using tools that mask IP address location or to otherwise circumventing restrictions on use due to regulations or account closures.
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, please contact Plasma Alliance at [email protected]. Plasma Alliance will investigate all reports and take immediate, appropriate action where warranted (in Plasma Alliance’s sole discretion). If a Customer or End User violates any of the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, Plasma Alliance may immediately terminate the Customer’s account, suspend or terminate access or take any other appropriate action, including legal action if warranted.
Plasma Alliance provides video conferencing services for business collaboration, education and personal use. Plasma Alliance anticipates that customers will use the services in a reasonable manner given the business or individual purpose. As such, Plasma Alliance may limit, suspend or terminate access if an End User’s use exceeds reasonable standards.
Plasma Alliance may determine that abnormal, unreasonable or impermissible usage is occurring based on industry standards and patterns of usage of the Services, and may take appropriate steps, including suspension or termination of service. Plasma Alliance may first contact the Customer and discuss appropriate usage and suitable plans to support valid use of the Services.